Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Episode 7: Pop Quiz

What does this diagram represent?

(Click on image for a larger view.)

I'll give you a hint: the drawing is slightly terrifying and potentially beautiful -- just like the process behind Middlebury's production of Metamorphoses, which goes up this weekend (Thursday) in the Hepburn Zoo.

Stumped? I guess that wasn't the best hint.

It's a diagram of character and scene changes (and there are plenty of both) drawn up by the play's director, Sara Swartzwelder. How will this improbable show actually work? Listen to the segment to find out.

Or, you can listen to the full show, which includes plenty of extra goodies, particularly the arts listings for the week, brought to us by Liza Sacheli-Lloyd.

1 comment:

jja said...

John Patrick, we just listened to your Metamorphoses interview; it was terrific and made me wish I'd seen the show (and I could have!). Great idea to post the graphic of stage movement.