Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Epsiode 10: Fond Farewell

Today's episode of Radio Arts was the last of the semester. We played songs by artists who until now have been kept literally in the background of our programming. Also in the mix was a double helping of arts news with Liza Sacheli-Lloyd.

Enjoy today's full show in the nifty media player embedded below, or in a separate window by clicking the links in the "Download" section of the sidebar.



------------------

In a rare moment of singular pronoun use, I’d like to tell some of my own story.

I wanted to put together a full-length edited segment describing the joys, struggles, and adventures involved in producing Radio Arts Middlebury. However, in typical Radio Arts fashion, I found myself with too much to say and too little time. At the end of today's show, I delivered the following signoff speech:



I’m unsure what will happen to Radio Arts next semester: I’ll be living, studying, and fending off swine flu in Guadalajara. The show's former host, Colin Foss, will be back from his year in France -- but we’ll see whether he’s crazy enough to keep it going. Whatever happens to Radio Arts, I’m grateful and quite frankly surprised that it has lasted this long. Here’s hoping it was more than just a bunch of sounds.

If you’d like to check the show's intermittent pulse this summer, keep an eye on this blog. That way, if R!A!M! rises from the grave, you can be prepared with a pair of headphones and a crossbow.

For Radio Arts Middlebury, for the arts, and for you, I’m J.P. Allen.

Thank you.



(Photos from the station)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

R!A!M! is a lot like tupac

it will always come back

Colin "Crazy like a fox" Foss